Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Cinnamon bear and great swimming

As I awake, I notice a beautiful, large cinnamon black bear about fifty feet away, across the creek. She does not see me and quietly gets a drink and then slowly ambles up the hill on the other side. WILDCAT is still asleep, and I choose not to wake him since that might scare the bear away.

Michael Kauffmann notates upcoming Azalea Lake as providing amazing swimming. We take a leisurely morning start and arrive just as the day warms up, and Michael is right. The lake is clear, shallow and warm.  We feel so refreshed and clean after a swim.

My right knee has strengthened so that I rarely wear the knee brace anymore. However, the left knee, the one I had surgery on, is hurting, so I put the brace on it instead. The left knee has very little cartilage, and I do not want to get it inflamed.

The trail holds out in good shape, so the miles are easy. We just might finish this trail yet! With just 100 miles left, and two spare days remaining, we can relax and enjoy it.

16 miles to Tanner Lake, to mile 268.

No comments:

Post a Comment