Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lucky - Sep 25

I'm lucky, like my Dad.

On Monday many miles of the ATV trail consisted of red clay. With rain forecast in the afternoon I could foresee a very slippery trail full of puddles, not to mention sticky, heavy shoes. I pushed hard to beat the rain, and was lucky to reach gravel before it hit.

On Wednesday the forecast was again rain and I pounded hard to beat it.
I continue to see wildlife on the TCT. This stretch is an abandoned rail line, straight as an arrow crossing through marsh and forest. While in earlier days this area was all logged today it more or less wild. I see a fox, beaver lodges, bear scat, raccoon tracks, deer, squirrels, pheasant, dove, cormorant, heron and other birds.

I'm lucky like my Dad. People used to call him "Lucky". He knew sometimes he made his own luck. Watch for opportunities to arise, and then take a chance and jump with earnest and firm resolve.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. But it works more often if you seize the opportunities than if you let them slip by.

With less than a hundred miles left, I'll finish this amazing trek early next week. If I'm lucky. 

Sep 24 - 19.2 miles to Tatamagouche (30.9 km)
Sep 25 -  22.1 miles to North River (35.6 km)



No comments:

Post a Comment