Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Rail Trail - Sep 1

On Friday, I crossed into New Brunswick, Canada! With just two Provinces ahead, 80% of the miles are now behind me. 

I've been making steady progress with no days off for five weeks, and I'll keep that going (if I can) to make up for the time lost to Lyme Disease. I'd like to shorten the time hiking in October. While I can handle all weather hiking, I certainly prefer good weather!

I stopped in at Visitor Info Center near the border and learned that the section of the TCT (Trans Canada Trail) from Woodstock to Millville has been completed, notwithstanding the TCT website. I'll reroute a bit and hike that rail trail, happy to shift 20 miles off of the roads. The path turns out to be an easy but viewless walk on what is primarily an ATV and snowmobile route, and the distance is rapidly dispatched.
Unfortunately, my cell phone automatically updated all of the apps when I connected via WiFi at Shin Pond a few days ago. Several apps lost functionality, and notably I lost the ability to mark progress on map on our blog. It shall remain that my current position on that map is atop Mount Katahdin.

Aug 30 - 21.3 mile road-walk to McKenna, NB (4.6m US, 27.3km CA)
Aug 31 - 19.1 mile rail-trail to Millville, NB (30.8km)
Sep 1 - 18.7 mile rail-trail to Zealand (29.8km)

No comments:

Post a Comment