Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Your Turn - Sep 28

Tomorrow my trek ends, 286 glorious days paddling and hiking the 4,000 miles from Key West Florida to Halifax Nova Scotia.

Early on we posted our hope that we might inspire you. Too often it seems dreams are deferred to some distant future when it will be easier or more convenient, or one listens too much to those doubting inner voices.

I hoped to show that anything is possible if you commit yourself to your dreams. Maybe yours is to learn the guitar, or design your own house, or grow the perfect rose, or volunteer for a worthy cause. 

You have some little kernel deep in your heart if you listen quietly enough for it to arise. 

Your dream might be both exciting  a bit frightening. "Can I really do that?"

If I can make my dream happen then so can you. Sure it took time to get finances in order, develop the paddling skills, and rebuild after back surgery. But it only takes a instant to commit to making it happen. And then never give up.

Tomorrow I finish the trekking part of my dream. The other part, inspiring others to follow their dreams, is up to you. 

Now it's your turn. What's your dream? Will you commit to it? 

Sep 27 - 23.6 miles to start of Musquodoboit Trail (38.0 km)
Sep 28 - 18.5 miles to Porters Lake (16.0+13.7=29.7 km)


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rod. Now it is time to rest. Say high to Fran for me. Come back to Suwannee and visit sometime.. Maybe we will meet again someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leroy, great to hear from you. I didn't realize you were still reading our blog. Thanks again for your hospitality in Suwannee!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Been a long journey since we met in the 10,000 Islands of the Everglades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have always thought of a continuous ECT hike myself, but unfortunately this takes longer than 6 months. And as a foreigner I will only get a maximum of 6 months visa. But I have almost pieced ECT together. I am only missing the IAT and some road walk in Alabama...I'll probably be back to the US for some paddling in Florida.

    ReplyDelete