Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Easy

It took a while to figure out. I'd hear rain dripping on the dry leaves as I walked past. But there was no rain.  I could even see the leaves move as the drops hit them. The rain traveled in a wave with me, never striking far away.

After a while I bent down to look closer and found a blanket of crickets, all hopping when I walked by. More recently, the rain comes from grasshoppers. Now it is just part of the trail. 

Most of the trail is shaded and lush.  Wild rose blooms have joined the showy Mountain Laurel. Blackberry canes reach into the trail to tear clothes and skin. Ticks wait on brush or grass for hikers to come by. There is no need for sunscreen or sunglasses on this trail. 

Compared to the trail earlier, it is now quite flat. Okay, still bumpier that much of the PCT or CDT, but flatter than the AT so far. I could increase the miles per day, and some hikers do. Instead I appreciate that less effort is required each day. 

20.3 Miles to PA 183

No comments:

Post a Comment