Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Humor lifts the day - June 23

Sunday is a fun, light day. As I ready to exit the RV to resume hiking, Don's Brother comes walking by with Speck. I'd walked with DB one day in the Shenandoahs and had hoped to pair up again. I pull on my pack and join them. The day is filled with light humor, an easy trail, and nice weather. The self-deprecating humor reminds me of a quote.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are."  Mother Teresa.

Mike is hiking in memory of his brother Don, who died of ALS last year. Check out Don's Brother's story and blog at donsbrother.com

23.1 miles to Brink Road Shelter

No comments:

Post a Comment