Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Murray Place - June 25

Tuesday serves up the most challenging heat, humidity and mosquitoes yet. I'm dripping all day, and even with DEET the mosquitoes just pile one welt on top of another. 

Part way through the day we come across The Murphy Place, and I get to meet Jim Murphy. An '89 AT thru hiker, Jim bought a farm along the trail and built a cabin and shower for hikers to use as they go by. I take him up on some water.  There is something magical about long distance trails that brings out compassion and generosity and service to others. Amazing stuff.

The day ends in a pizza place, which happens to have a special $6 All You Can Eat plain pizza on Tuesdays. Ah, a full belly. I ate one large pizza myself, as did Restless Cowboy and Fresh Coke, two German hikers who joined us. 

18.3 miles to Greenwood Rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment