Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

New Jersey

I am ready to be done with the rocks. My feet hurt. Supposedly they diminish about ten miles into New Jersey, so that's today's target. 

Pennsylvania has been a good state for wildlife. I've seen tons of frogs of all sorts sizes, bright orange newts, frogs, turkeys, squirrels, chipmunks, a couple of turtles, rabbits, snakes, porcupine, deer and a bear. My biggest surprise was a peacock.

I hike 8.1 miles to cross into New Jersey at Dunfield Trailhead. I've completed 7 of 14 AT states, 8 of the 17 for full trip from Key West to Halifax. About 2350 miles are done, with 1650 to go.

We plan to take a zero tomorrow to visit people, and I decided to stop early once I enter New Jersey. I'll have to do those last ten miles of rocks another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment