Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Easy - Aug 10

I averaged nearly two miles an hour today. I can't remember the last time I did that. Probably before New England and before Lyme Disease. I stopped early just because I need to resupply for the next three day (two?) section. 

The views continue to change.
The alpine ridge walks are gone but the lakes are frequent and inviting. The lakes are moraine lakes and dammed reservoirs, all with clean water and gravel beaches. It's still a bit cool and windy today or I'd be swimming. 

It's actually been a few weeks since we had a hot day. We're getting great hiking weather, with highs around 70 and less around 50. 

Why did it cool so suddenly?  This is still early August. What will it be like around the end of October in Nova Scotia? 




1 comment:

  1. It could be really cold, but on the other hand, we can have beautiful, warm fall days! The part that we like best about it is that there are no more mosquitos!

    ReplyDelete