Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Cabin - Aug 7

It's so hard to predict the trail that I have packed three days of food for a 33 mile stretch. Once I cross the first couple of mountains the trail opens up nicely. I should be able to do more miles today, and southbound hikers are telling me the trail is nice for a little ways further. I'm thinking I can beat my plan. 

But as I cross East B Hill Road there are six southbound hikers at the road waiting for a shuttle to The Cabin and taking about how great the place is.
Some have already stayed two nights, going back to the trail to hike a few miles each day. In particular they say the hosts,  Bear and Honey, are wonderful people. 

A big part of the AT experience is off trail at hostels. I haven't partaken of too many, but have noticed great reviews in the hiker registers for The Cabin.

The shuttle arrives. Decision time. Miles or The Cabin?  I hop in the shuttle. Wildcat would be proud of me. 

10.3 miles to East B Hill Road. 




1 comment: