Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Friday, August 23, 2013

The Stage is Set - Aug 23

It's all coming together. 

The weather forecast for Saturday is scrumptious.

A great group of hikers is coming up from behind, wonderful people I'd love to summit with. 

I'm lined up for a simple hike today, ready for a big push tomorrow. 

My body's healthy. My spirits are high. 

The group of hikers begin to assemble at the last restaurant before the park, and I join for lunch. 

The walk in is easy and gorgeous. 

The group sits around a final campfire exchanging stories and memories. 

The moon shines bright long after we are asleep. 

Tomorrow we climb Mount Katahdin, the pinnacle ending of the Appalachian Trail.

10 miles to The Birches Campsite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment