Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Trident Col campsite - Aug 4

I take the morning to catch up on my blog. I like to stay within a few days and don't want to let memories of the Whites fade. 

Many hikers listen to music while they walk. I've never tried it on a long trail, and am not sure if I'd like it. It might be good for viewless AT sections where all I look at is my feet anyway. Spirit and I come up with an even better idea - audio books. She downloads an audio book player and sets me up to borrow audio books from our hometown library. That might be cool.

I'm never sure if an upcoming trail will be easy or hard. I can look at a trail elevation profile to gauge the slope, but the type of tread is more important. Is it a hiking trail or a mountaineering route? 

With a late start I'm pleased to find an easy, fast trail to Trident Col Campsite. It's just walking! 

The walk is viewless so I listen to Alice in Wonderland in its entirety. It works great and is only a tiny drain on the battery.  I'll be listening to more books I'm sure. 

Tonight is solo tenting. It's nice for a change after mostly huts, shelters and the RV. As I lay down I feel feeling the cold on my cheeks and hear a strong wind in the trees. Then the coyotes start to yip and I feel a smile grow on my face. It's going to be a good night.

6.9 miles to Trident Col Campsite.

1 comment:

  1. I have become addicted to audiobooks while hiking several years ago. It is a great way to stay motivated on boring sections of trail and I have discovered some really interesting books this way. Audiobooks work much better for me than music.

    ReplyDelete