Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Goodbye Presidentials - Aug 3

I got very little sleep last night. The Hut crew was up late, and then a crew friend arrived during the night which got everyone up again, and then another hut crew did a raid in the wee hours. Lots of fun for the hut crew but pretty rough for this hiker that needs his sleep.
 
I left the hut early, skipping the hut breakfast to get out by 6:45.

I'm leaving the Presidential Mountains. They have definitely been the highlight of the hike.  I watch them disappear into background. Thanks for the great views, and even for the challenging hiking. This stretch was great. 

The first eleven miles takes me nine hours. Other hikers are 1-3 hours faster but I'm just not that confident on rocky footing. Slow and steady keeps me healthy and on the trail.

14.9 miles to US 2 near Gorham NH

No comments:

Post a Comment