Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Highly Evolved Old Men - Aug 15

I spent the morning planning the next leg, from the end of the Appalachian Trail to Halifax since Spirit is off to Bangor, our last chance to print maps and guides.

Back on the trail, I am learning how highly evolved old men are. I quit trimming the hair sprouting out of my nose and ears and have much fewer problems with gnats! I rarely snort one anymore. My bushy look is one of high evolutionary development, to be proud of I'm sure.

Still, a gnat hopped into my eye as I reached the halfway point on a log crossing a stream. That's not an ideal situation in which to close even one eye and both eyes wanted to hide and cry. It made me realize that even older men are even more highly evolved than me. I look forward to those eyebrows that pop out like horse hair and, combined with thick glasses, seal off the eyes from gnats. 

And beer commercials make guys out to be dummies. Ha!

14.7 miles to Bald Mountain Brook Shelter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment