Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Dickenson Gap

Now that I'm in Virginia the miles will come fast. I fantasize about just blasting through the state.

Except that I get up in the RV and then find myself crawling back into the warm bed. Twice. Then we go out for a big breakfast. It's afternoon by the time I hit the trail. 
After a steady climb the trail levels off nicely. By 6:40 pm I'm 14.5 miles along. But a glance at the topo map shows the next five miles may not have any tenting spots, so I could be hiking pretty late.  I decide to stop instead and as the temperature drops I'm glad I did. My fingers are numb from the cold as I cook dinner and I'm happy to be in bed not much after 8pm, even before sunset. There's a cold front from Canada blowing. It will be cold tonight. I'm nestled behind a large rock, going for a little protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment