Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Entering Shenandoah National Park

Beyond Waynesboro, the Appalachian Trail traverses over 100 miles in Shenandoah National Park. I'm entering on Monday of Memorial Day weekend, hopefully as the crowds are headed out.
The trail follows near the National Park Skyline Drive, just like many sections followed the Blue Ridge Parkway south of here. In fact it is the same road, it just changes names at the Park boundary. The scenery is great, but again is just like much of the past couple of hundred miles. I did get to see a wild turkey, and there was a black bear on the trail about an hour before I came through.

The trail is good and mostly flat, so I complete 20.5 miles to Blackrock Hut with ease. I run into a couple of familiar hikers, but most are new to me. There are again a wide range of paces, so I am probably hiking alone again. It was great hiking with Shaman for a week, but she stayed in Waynesboro waiting for Scout. Well see if another hiking partner develops; it would be nice.

20.5 to Blackrock Hut


No comments:

Post a Comment