Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Town Food: Waynesboro

I think I've put 5-8 pounds back on, even adding a few more pounds after I halted Operation Fatten the Turkey. 

Ming's Chinese Buffet here in Waynesboro is rather famous among hikers and I've been hearing about it for hundreds of miles. It helped power us through the easy 14.5 miles to town in just 5.5 hours. Six dinner plates and nine desserts later I have to agree it is the best buffet I've been to.

But then the Hungry Man breakfast at Weasels the next morning was hiker-sized too. I don't think I'm losing more weight any time soon. Will I need to actually restrain my eating at some point? 

Today was another incremental zero. Fran will be going off trail for 3 days. I did a few minor projects like waterproofing the tent with silicon and washing the RV, but mostly hung around with other hikers. 

I hike into Shenandoah National Park tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment