Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tennessee Turnpike

The miles today are easy. With minor ascents and descents, great tread and trail, and an empty pack the miles fly by fast and furious. 
I planned 20 miles, and hoped for 22. But  I just kept going all 28.8 to Damascus and cross over 1500 total so far. 

I'm 35% of the way to Halifax. Get ready Lucy, I'm almost there!  Only 2500 miles to go. 

That also makes me a landlubber again since that's 800 miles by land and 700 by sea. I find that disappointing - the kayaking portion feels like much more than just a little portion of the whole trip. 

As I stepped off of the trail I was met by Rest Step for a homestay. Before long I was in a plush robe eating meal after meal while laundry was running and batteries were recharging. I enjoyed great conversation with this Triple Crowner and his wife until midnight, took a hot shower and climbed into a bed. Bliss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment