Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Elusive miles: Max Patch Road

The hike to Hot Springs was supposed to be easy. Just 33 miles; I'll be there in a day and a half. Then yesterday's half day was just one mile.

There is an annual hiker festival in Hot Springs today and tomorrow. Maybe I can still get there early tomorrow?

The injured shin looks and feels great. The body is amazing.

But after a few hours it starts to hurt and I begin to limp. Then hobble. I stop for an hour to rest and elevate the leg. It doesn't help so I look for the first flat spot and water. At 4 pm I am done for the day, with just 13 miles. By 6 pm I'm in bed. 

I tried all afternoon to text Spirit that I'll be late but cannot get a strong enough signal. 

It looks to be a cold night.

No comments:

Post a Comment