Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Healing? Hot Springs

After 13 hours of sleep my leg should be good to go, you think?

The morning starts with a simple walk up Max Patch, a high treeless knob with amazing views. A half dozen brave souls tented on the top last night and got to see the sunset. They also felt the full wrath of the cold wind and are all still in their tents. 

By early afternoon the leg hurts again. A repeat of yesterday? I don't want the injury to get worse so I rest and elevate again. This time it helps. The pain and swelling has shifted from the shin to the ankle so I alter the bandaging. It is sore but doesn't seem to bad. I arrive in Hot Springs at dusk, 20 miles. 

Will I be fully healed tomorrow? 

1 comment:

  1. I wish you a speedy recovery! All the best from Germany, GT

    ReplyDelete