Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Break? - July 3

I sleep fourteen hours again. I'm exhausted. 

Maybe I just need a good break doing something different. Maybe I'm just done. Maybe there's something going on medically that is sapping my energy.

We talk about a break to go staff at BSA National Jamboree.
They still need a few staff with kayaking experience. That would be a great change of pace, on the water helping kids fall in love with kayaking. But the staff fee (yes you pay to work there) is $825 each, too much for these retirees living on savings. 

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. But I do know that I'm stubbornly goal-oriented.
 
I've been chronically tired on this trail before. Early on I added electrolytes and that helped. Mid-way I started eating more and that helped for a while. But I pound a quart of Power-aide every day and am eating big RV meals almost daily now. I take vitamins and drink lots of water. I'm not sure what else to try. 

Is it physical or mental?

I trudge along 11.1 miles to Cornwall Bridge CT. I'm wobbly and fall twice.  Eleven miles a day would still get me to the end of the Appalachian Trail before winter, but not to Halifax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment