Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Woodstock - July 23

We woke to heavy rain, forecast to last all morning with warnings for high water throughout the day. 

I'd already heard that the next section can be muddy so I opted out of hiking into the rain.
We had long deferred RV chores, notably another window shade needing restringing, so I jumped into that instead. Is good to have energy, even if no miles. 

We're at Woodstock VT, an affluent historic village in the hills of Vermont. The village dates to the late 18th century with most of the buildings constructed before the end of the 19th century. Cute and quaint, the center of the village is a lovely square, old stone buildings, and majestic residences. Businesses are largely small shops and cafes. We take a pleasant evening stroll after the chores are done.  A good day.

I guess I better get back to hiking tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment