Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Fresh Start - July 22

The hike begins again. I feel ready. Today will be a test.

It's a good stretch of trail with moderate up and down, and sections of good tread. I have a light pack again. A while back this would have been an easy day, but it will be bigger than I have done for quite a while. 
I stop and look at Thundering Falls. I take a side trail up to a viewing tower. I chat for a half hour with some section hikers. I notice the different trees and forest, and wonder what a new red berry is called.
 
The 20.0 miles to VT 12 near Woodstock VT goes well. At the end of the day I can say I am enjoying the hike again, and am not just doing an exhausting death march. 

Is good to be back. 

The White Mountains of New Hampshire are less than a week away. The old saying is that when you reach the Whites you have covered 80% of the AT miles but only spent 20% of the effort. Mileage usually plummets to lower than any point on the trail. I need to be back to full strength for the Whites. 

Go doxycycline go!
Bye-bye Lyme Disease. 


No comments:

Post a Comment