Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Probation - July 20

The jailer let me slack pack from RV to RV. I just carried the basic outdoor essentials and lunch, less than ten pounds. 

I'm seeing some hikers from prior weeks, since I've been stalled for a while. A while ago I met two hikers from Puerto Rico. We talked about water recreation, snorkeling, swimming, scuba diving, and kayaking. Puerto Rico sounds like paradise for water activities. I have a saying: any day outdoors is a good day; any day on the water is even better. We just added Puerto Rico to our future travel list. 

Spirit saw lots of familiar faces:
Don's Brother, Pilgrim and Bonzai are getting support from Bonzai's brother Mike. Fatty also showed up, fresh off of her mountain climbing side trip. We joined everyone for a late dinner. 

It's good to see familiar faces. Unfortunately the faces will disappear down the trail faster than I go right now. 

The hiking is encouraging.  I make it over Mt Killington, the tallest mountain since Virginia, and cover 17.4 miles to VT 4. More importantly, I'm not exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment