Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Glasses - July 14

I've always hiked with sunglasses on other trails. But the AT is a Green Tunnel so sunglasses are not needed. 

My regular glasses have progressive lenses, which means I'm looking down at the trail through reading glasses. To minimize distortion I wear the glasses way down my nose. Looking forward I just look over the top of the glasses.
I'm not sure I really need to, and it does mean I walk around with my nose scrunched up, so today I just put them on snug where they belong. It seems to work for several hours until I start getting a sore neck. It must have caused me to hang my head further forward to see the trail clearly. I decide to switch back and slide the glasses back down my nose. 

July 14:  21.1 miles to VT 11 Manchester Center VT

No comments:

Post a Comment