Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hanover NH - July 24

Ambitious day. One shelter is 17 miles up the trail (too few) but the next one is 24 (too many). In the sweet spot of 20'ish sits Norwich VT, so that's the target. 

The first five miles are tough up and down and I make just 1.8 mph. Uh oh. Then I hit lots of patches of muddy trail, also slow going.  But about seven miles in everything cleared up with good tread and moderate grade. I shifted gears and made up for lost time. Yep, my higher gears are back!
At 13 miles in the trail passes a road with a Deli so I grab a vegi wrap and milkshake. A few miles later I'm in a wild raspberry patch. This day isn't so tough after all.

When I get to Norwich the draw of crossing into New Hampshire is strong. I keep going a few more miles across the Connecticut River into and then through the college town of Hanover (home to Dartmouth), racking up 23.6 miles.

It was pretty easy trail and cool weather, but that is still my biggest day in months and I'm not particularly tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment