Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Few Miles - July 4

Today I slept in again, but less so, and had a bit more energy on the trail. 14.0 miles to Falls Village is better than I've done the preceding four days.

Back to basics.  Maybe I'm just not drinking enough water. My body sweats but does not cool because of the humidity, so it sweats more.  With the heat maybe I need more water, a ridiculous amount of water. 

I drank more today, along with a slow pace to avoid getting so hot. I feel better. I pull out early not through exhaustion but to be conservative and slowly build miles back. I put the feet on ice to rest them. 

Will the energy come back? Will it come back enough to finish, even if it takes me longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment