Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Zeacliff Ridge - July 30

Today looks pretty moderate for the White Mountains.  There's just one climb up from the Hut and then a reasonable trail (by AT standards) all day long. I don't have to focus as intently on the trail and I chat with lots of hikers and hear their stories, especially one guy who just retired Army with five deployments in Iraq. Sadly, he is decidedly pessimistic about the future of both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Maybe I should have focused a bit more. I fell several times and banged up my shin. I have a welt an inch across that rises half inch high within 60 seconds. But I quickly get an Ace elastic bandage on it and an half hour later it doesn't hurt too bad. 

14.7 miles to Crawford Notch

No comments:

Post a Comment