Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is unknown. Make today meaningful, and life is worthwhile.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Milestones - July 13

Today I'm two thirds done on this crazy trek. I've paddled and hiked 2,676 miles, with 1,323 miles to go. That still sounds like a long way, but the end of the Appalachian Trail is just 559 miles. 

More milestones are coming in rapid succession.
Tomorrow is my 100th day on the Appalachian Trail. The next day marks 180 days since we shoved off in our kayaks in Florida.

I'm still too drained to rejoice at the milestones. I keep hiking more out of stubbornness than fun. I realize I've quit paying attention to ecozone changes, or much else.  Hopefully that will change as we reach the beautiful stretches ahead.

19.0 miles to Story Spring Shelter

No comments:

Post a Comment